Using EE building envelope is possible clearly to be identified the areas and/or elements of the building envelope that need to be improve and how. Just through inspection of the existing structure and comparative actions between different materials and layers any current building envelope EE defect could be corrected.
building envelope elements: windows | doors | floors | roofs | attic |walls | balconies
A first step in renovation and retrofitting process a careful planning of the building envelope is required. The second one is identification of the right materials, layers, elements to get the most efficiency new building envelope.
- identify EE level of current building envelope
- identify potential EE improvement
- simulate the EE level by defying different building envelope layers, building wall orientation, type of roofs and floors
- identify potential EE
- compare how the different building materials and insulation materials effect on the EE building envelope
- select a proper type and thickness of insulation
- choose better window framework or window package, door
- decide what to use – more insulation or more wall, bricks or itongs, tile or parquet, roof or ceiling insulation, and more.
Data and information about feasibility research, working process and analysis provided under the “ee Building envelope” development are regularly published in wordpress.enbc.eu.
Come back for updates, guideline and materials. Contact us with any further questions or mutual interest for collaboration.
We will be glad to answer you and to keep in touch.