The Council of Ministers of Bulgaria published the last adopted 11 specialized methods for assessing the energy savings.
They contain formulas and must be used as tools for provement of the energy performance of implementation of individual EE measures or groups/combinations of EE measures in residential and public buildings, industry and transport sectors.
They are alternative methods and must be used in cases of evaluation of measures, which effect could not be possible to be assessed by any other already proven national methods.
The main principle used in those methods is “the estimation of the energy savings to be achieved by measurement or/and estimation of the energy consumption before and after the implementation of the energy efficiency measure”.
A corrective opportunity is povided also to be used to normalize of the results to account the еffect of external and internal conditions of the objects that effect on the energy consumption. Such factors could be: weather, level of comfort, type of the equipment and etc.
The methods are applicable in case of calculation of the energy savings after implementation of the following categories of energy saving measures:
- modernization of the existing equipment or buildings retrofit
- purchase of new energy efficient equipment or build new energy-efficient buildings
- renovation of the building insulation and existed heating system of existing residential and public buildings
- renovation the existed insulation on different building envelope components (walls, roofs, windows) of existing residential and public buildings
- replacement of existing or purchase new air conditioning system in residential and public buildings
- implementation of solar collectors for domestic hot water in residential and public buildings
- energy savings in the industry